The Export Settings panel is used to configure Selected Fields that will be included when downloading exported data from supported modules. Choose an Export type to configure from the dropdown menu, and then move fields from the lists using the arrow buttons between the Available (left) and Selected (right) columns. Fields can also be rearranged within their respective columns by clicking and dragging to a new position. When finished, click the Save button and Close the panel.
NOTE: Artsystem5 export data is formatted with the Unicode UTF-8 character set, and it may be necessary to specify this format when importing to the destination application, especially when there are accented or other specialized characters present in the data.
IMPORTANT: After configuring, initiate the export from within the desired module according to the instructions below.
This is an export of comma-separated values, delimited text data only, most commonly used to push selected field information out of the Artsystem5 database to be opened in a separate spreadsheet editor (such as Excel or Sheets). This data is specifically formatted to allow the tabular module data to be preserved in plain text for the highest degree of compatibility with other applications.
- Gather a dataset within the desired module; by viewing Marked records, or by loading a Worksheet or ViewSet
- In the toolbar, click SHARE>Download>Download as CSV
- When prompted by the browser, choose the Save File option for best results
- The resulting CSV file will be saved to the local computer
The CMS Admin option is defined in the same way as the basic delimited text export described above, but also includes the ability to push Primary and Secondary image attachments out of the Artsystem5 database. This export type is specific to the Works module only, and is most commonly used when the destination will be a website content management system. Use the checkboxes to select which groups of image files will be downloaded along with the delimited text data.
IMPORTANT: When choosing to export image files, be sure to also include the "Primary Image" field in the Selected Fields list.
- Gather a dataset within the Works module; by viewing Marked records, or by loading a Worksheet or ViewSet
- In the toolbar, click SHARE>Download>Download for CMS
- When prompted by the browser, choose the Save File option
- The resulting ZIP file, containing works.csv and images folder, will be saved to the local computer
NOTE: The downloaded zip is an archive package including a Works.csv file and a dated Works_images folder.