The easiest way to create any Transaction is directly from Works, simply mark the records for the transaction and select Transact from the Works Preview Panel and then select any of the Transaction Selections from the menu (Invoice, Offer, Consign Out, Cash Sale, Shipment, Loan, Receive Work, Reacquire Work). In the example below we are creating an Invoice Transaction:
Add a New Transactions from Works
- Select Works>All Works from the Main Menu.
- Mark all records to be included on the new Transaction.
- Select from the Preview Panel: Transact > Invoice
- On the first Add New Transaction Pane select which records to include on the Transaction (the one selected or the ones marked) then select the Next button:
Search to find the Contact for the Transaction, highlight the name and select the Right Arrow next to Sold To to move the address into the Sold To field. Do the same procedure for the Ship To if the shipping designation is different than the Sold to designation.
- Select Finish to open up the Transaction. For additional information on editing the Transaction form SEE The Transactions Detail Pane.
The Transaction Menu from the Works>Preview Panel>Transact includes the following transaction selections:
- Invoice: Create Invoice to sell work to clients
- Offer: Create Offer to keep track of what is offered to clients
- Consign Out: Create Consign Out when sending work out to clients for them to sell
- Cash Sale: Create Cash Sale to track both Sale and Payment Receipt
- Shipment: Create Shipment to track artwork movement
- Loan: Create Loan when sending work out on loan
- Receive Work: Create Receive Works to track when work comes into your possession
- Reacquire Work: Create Reacquire Work to change Ownership of entered artwork (Note this transaction can only be created from Works>Preview Panel>Transact. All other Transactions may be created here or in the Transaction module. SEE How to Reacquire a Work.