Add a New Reference Record
- Select Reference>All Reference from the Main Menu
- Select New>Reference Record on the black Toolbar to create new inventory records.
In each module when you select New > Module Record a series of panes will appear to assist in adding the new record.
Add New Reference Pane 1
- Select the Type of Reference to add and click to mark the desired Format in the list below the Type.
- Once all is selected, click the Next button to continue.
NOTE: the Arrow icon in the upper right corner. Click on the Arrow to display all Format options for each of the Reference Types:
Add New Reference Pane 2
- On the next Pane Users can link Work records to the Reference.
- Users may click on the Magnifying Glass icon to select the search criteria. Or utilize the Pre-defined Sets (Worksheet, View Set) to find the records. Users may also opt to not add any Work links at this time as they can be added later on the References Work Pane or on the Works References Pane.
- Select the Finish button to create the Reference record.
New Reference Main Pane
IMPORTANT: Remember that fields on the Reference Main Pane will vary depending on the Type and Format selected. The example above reflects the Book: Exhibition Category (Gallery).
Fill in the various fields on the Pane to complete the record. Note that users may use the drop-down on the Format field to edit the Format if needed. The 'BK-0012' is the Catalogue Type Number and generates a consecutive number based upon the Type. Users can adjust the 'Next Number' if needed in Settings. SEE References Module Settings. It is recommended but optional to add a Sort Date. Because the Exhibition Dates field is a 'text' field, there is no way to sort by Exhibition Date. The Sort Date is a 'date' field and may be sorted.
In the example above note that the Abbreviated Entry and Verbose Entry are blank. This is because we have not saved the record. When the record is saved, the Abbreviated Entry and Verbose Entry will compile the fields according to the Chicago Manual of Style. Click the Save button and the Abbreviated and Verbose Entries will appear:
NOTE: Both the Abbreviated Entry and Verbose Entry fields are editable fields.
Because the Abbreviated and Verbose Entry fields are editable, once generated they will not change. If Users need to edit any of the Fields on the Pane, in order to update the Abbreviated or Verbose Entry, simply highlight the text in the field and delete the text. Then re-save the record to create the updated citations in the Abbreviated or Verbose Entry fields.