The Private Viewing Room is a simple and effective method for users to share works from the database and provides a powerful tool for sales, collaboration, and online publishing without the need of managing a separate website or domain. The Private Viewing is a special type of exhibition record which leverages the power of the cloud based dataset to be securely shared by secure email links. The database user should have email settings configured and confirmed in the system before proceeding with this feature. SEE Advanced Settings: Email.
Private Rooms can also include Artists: Artist Biography and Works: Infosheet documents. Prior to making an Exhibition if it is desired to include Artist Biography or Infosheets make sure these documents are already saved in the data. SEE How to Save Artist Biography to an Artist Record. SEE How to Save Infosheets to a Work Record.
It is also recommended to mark the Work records for the Exhibition first, or create a pre-defined set to use for the Private Viewing Room. This is to ensure that all prices and details have been entered correctly, and Infosheets can be added if desired for each work included in the Private Room.
Add a Private Viewing Room
- Select Exhibitions>All Exhibitions from the Main Menu
- Select from the black Action Toolbar New>Private Viewing to start the process of adding the Private Viewing.
Add a Private Viewing Room 1
- Enter the Title and Details for the Viewing Room. Note that Title will be used as the subject line when emailing the shared links to Contacts in the Private Viewing email. The additional Details can be added, these details will automatically fill the body of the email (this can be edited before email is shared). Note that adding Details is optional.
- Prices: Active retail price for the included works from Works>Financial.
- Infosheet Info: include the Infosheet to provide additional page showing items from Provenance and References panes in the work detail.
- Artist Bio: include the Artist Bio when attached to Artist records.
- Select the Next button to Continue.
Add a Private Viewing Room 2
- Locate and select an individual or multiple contacts and move them into the Send To column using the Arrow icon . Contacts must have email, however the email address may be added to the list. (Note the option 'Select all Marked Contacts', use this if Contacts were pre-marked.)
- Select Next to continue.
Add a Private Viewing Room 3
- Select the Works for the Private Viewing Room. Again, here it is easier to use a pre-defined set of Marked works for the Work selection.
- Select Finish to create the Private Viewing Exhibition record.
Private Viewing Room Details Pane
The Private Viewing Room Detail Pane contains additional panes for details: Main, Works, Documents, Notes, Contacts, and Activity.
- Main: The Details Pane includes the basic artwork details: Title, Details, Display Options, Expiration Date, and Private Viewing Number. The Expiration Date will determine when the Private Viewing will stop being available to the recipients, but the date can be left blank if desired.
- Works: The Works Pane will display all Works included in the Private View.
- Works may be sorted by highlighting a work and use the Up or Down arrows on the left of the pane.
- Select Save when finished editing.
- Documents: The Documents Pane is where users can save important documentation associated with the Private View. Documents is for internal use and will NOT be shared in the Private View.
- Notes: The Notes Pane has a large Note field to add Notes associated with the Private View. Notes is for private use and will NOT be shared in the Private View.
- Contacts: The Contacts Pane includes all Contacts selected. Contacts can be added or removed using the Lookup icon . It is also possible to add email addresses which were not added to the database, simply double click on the next available row in the email field to add an additional email addresses.
- Activity: NOTE: This pane will be blank before sharing the Private Room. After sharing the Private Room the Activity Pane will give real time results that track recipients engagement with the shared Private Online Viewing Rooms. Each recipient will be assigned their own unique URL and will be tracked and the number of visits will be tracked by the system.
- Click to highlight an email address to view the URL link at the bottom of the pane.
- The Activity Pane can be refreshed with Refresh icon .
Preview the Private Viewing Room
Prior to sharing the Private Viewing Room click Preview from the Preview Panel to get idea what the final room will look like for the recipients.
NOTE: Users can add a personal logo in Settings for inclusion on the Private Viewing Room. SEE Can I add my logo to the Private Rooms?
- Review the links in the Preview, including the work records, Images, caption info, artist bio if selected.
- A PDF version can be downloaded, click the PDF icon to view the Private Viewing Room in PDF format.
- If Infosheets were included, double click on any work to view enlarge Image and Infosheet information. Users can navigate with the arrows in lower right corner. Click the Home icon to return to the whole Viewing Room.
- Click the 'X' icon to close the Preview and return to Exhibitions.
Share the Private Viewing Room
- The final step is to click Share > Email exhibition from the Preview Panel.
- Last minute adjustments can be made on the form and when ready click Send.
- Each recipient will get a unique URL link and Users can track viewing on the Activity Pane.
Sharing works from the database is simple and effective method of sharing works from the database and provides a powerful tool for sales, collaboration, and online publishing.