There are several ways to add a new artist in the database. Users can add new artists in the Artist Module or they can enter a new artist on the fly when adding inventory. In this section we will describe how to add a New Artist from the Artist Module.
Add a New Artist
- Select Artists>All Artists from the Main Menu
- Select New>Artists Record on the black Toolbar to create new inventory records.
In each module when you select New > Module Record a series of panes will appear to assist in adding the new record.
- Type in the Artist First and Last Name and Artist Dates (if applicable).
- Users can also add the optional Artist Categories which is a valuable marketing tool where Artist Categories associated with the Artist may be applied to a buyer contact records at the time of a sale.
- Users may also check the option to Add Artist to Contacts module to also add the new artist into the Contacts module (NOTE: check this option only if the artist is NOT in the Contacts module already).
- If Add Artist to Contacts module was not checked, select the Finish button on the bottom of screen.
- If Add Artist to Contacts module was checked, select the Next button and continue to another screen to add the Artist as a Contact.
Add Artist to Contact Module option
If Add Artist to Contacts module is checked, a screen appears to add the Artist to Contacts module.
When the form is complete select the Finish navigation button and the new Artist is added.