Double click on any Contact record to open the Detail Pane and add additional information to the Contact record. The Contact Menu on the top of the Detail pane will show the different panes to open for adding more details. Click on any of the selections on the Contact Menu to open the different panes:
- Main: The Main Pane includes address and phone fields.
- Images: The Images Pane is where users will document all visual images (The primary or main image plus any additional images).
- Documents: The Documents Pane is where users can save any documentation on the Contact Record (consignment agreements, certificate of authenticity, etc.).
- Notes: The Contacts Notes Pane is a large Note field to document any information about the Contact.
- Correspondence: The Correspondence Pane will document all email sent in the program to the client.
- Activity: The Activity Pane will display all Transactions with the Contact such as Invoices, Consignments, Loans, etc.
- Financial: The Financial Pane will display an overview of Work History, Payments Received, Outstanding Works, and Payments Made.
- Collection: The Collection Pane will display all Work records documented as owned or once owned by this Contact.
Note the scroll bar on the right side to scroll down to the bottom of the panes.
Also note the Navigation Buttons on the bottom of the pane:
- Checkmark Icon: The first button is the Marking Tool, click to mark the Contact (also click again to unmark the Contact).
- New: Click New to add a New Address for the Contact.
- Delete: Click Delete to delete the Contact from the database (Note: Contacts linked to other records in the database cannot be deleted).
- Cancel Edit: Click Cancel Edit to close the record without saving any edits or updating the Modified Date field.
- Save: Click to Save the record, any edits made and update the Modified date field.
- Close: Click to Close the Detail Pane.
Scroll down on the Detail Pane to see additional fields:
- 6 User Phone Fields: There are 6 User Defined Phone fields. Users should rename all of the 6 fields in Settings to ensure that data is entered consistently (in the Example below note that 'Phone 1' was renamed to 'Mobile', 'Phone 2' was renamed to 'Work' and Phone 6 was renamed to 'Email'). SEE Contact Module Settings.
- Categories: Users can add Categories to help cull together lists of Contacts based upon client interests (Photography, Contemporary, actual Artist Names, etc.) or selected lists (Email List, Holiday Card, VIP, etc.).
- Address Notes: Add any quick Notes to see about the client (there is also a larger Note field available which users can add extensive notes on the Notes Pane.)
Keep scrolling down to see the bottom of the Detail Pane:
- 6 User Fields: There are 6 more User Defined fields. Users should rename all of the 6 fields in Settings to ensure that data is entered consistently (in the Example below note that 'User 1' was renamed to 'Tax ID', 'User 2' was renamed to 'Web site').
- Tax Jurisdiction: Save time creating Invoices by entering the most common Tax Jurisdiction for the client on the Contact record. Next Invoice created for this client will have the Tax Jurisdiction already filled in as NYC.
- Artist: If the Contact is an artist and the Artist's Name was added to the Artist module, users can check the Artist field to link the Contact record to the Artist name. Once checked, users will be prompted to match the Artist name in the Artist list. This feature saves time when entering new Inventory as the Artist Contact record will be considered as the Source for the artwork.
- Date Modified and Date Added: Documentation of when the Contact was added and last modified.