The best way to change location is to create a Shipment Transaction as this will document when the work changed locations and where was it previously located. The Shipment Transaction will also allow users to easily change the Location and Location Detail on a group of Works. Also note that Users can make a quick location change for one work by using the Pencil icon next to Location. Be sure to click Shipped on the Shipment Transaction in order to update Location on all Works on the Transaction.
Create Shipment Transaction
- Open Works, and Mark the Works to include in the Shipment.
- Select from the Preview Panel Transact>Shipment
- Select Marked Works to the question 'Which records would you like to include on this Shipment?'
- Select the Next button to continue.
- Search the Contacts list to find the Contact for the Locations. Highlight the Contact and click the Arrow icon next to Ship From: to move the address into the Ship To: fields.
- Select the Finish button to create the new Shipment Transaction.
- If it is desired to update the Location Detail as well as the Location, click on the Transaction Shipment Pane to select the Set Location Detail field (type directly into the field or select from the drop-down list).
- When complete, click Shipped to update Location and Location Detail.
Manually Update Location
- Click on the Pencil icon next to the Location field in Works
- Select the new location from the Contact list, highlight the location and click the OK button.