The SHARE menu allows users to download field data exported from Artsystem5. Almost all modules allow the export of CSV (comma separated value) type files, while the Works module can also export files for use with a CMS (content management system).
- CSV files are plain text, comma delimited, and easily opened in a spreadsheet application like Excel, Numbers, or Sheets. These files are also commonly used for importing tabular data for mail merge or bulk emailing systems like Constant Contact or Mailchimp.
- CMS exports contain a CSV file, along with a folder of associated images. This combination of files is useful for bulk updates of website content management systems. Available in the Works module only.
Downloading for CSV and CMS
- Before downloading data from any module, confirm or configure what fields will be included. Click Settings > Export in the Main Navigation menu to view the field selections for each available export type. The field configuration for each type will be used for all export downloads going forward - and there is no need to reconfigure before each export unless the arrangement needs to be modified.
SEE: Export Settings for additional details
- After the export fields have been selected, return to the module and gather a dataset of records for export. In each module it is possible to export a ViewSet, Worksheet, or group of Marked records.
- From the Toolbar menu, select either:
SHARE > Download > Download as CSV (in Contacts, Works, Editions, or References)
SHARE > Download > Download for CMS (in Works only)
- The resulting file will be saved to the local computer.